Sunday, May 1, 2011

Big Five Model

I enjoyed the part about the Big Five model in this chapter. I like but yet it bugs me how there's all these test to determine your personality type and such to help figure out what kind of person you are. One thing that bothers me about these tests and rankings, and like the questions of the ones we took in class, is that you can totally tell what is being measured in each question and what you will be rated as if you answer a certain way. Because of the predictability of the questions, I think these tests can be extremely inaccurate because people tend to pick what they would want to be more than what they really are. I have taken tests before that rates you on extroversion versus introversion. I always tend to be more introverted, but I am usually like a half and half split between the two because it always depends on the situation and whose in the scenarios and such. I feel like it's wrong for tests like these to group a person based off a few questions when there's so much more to a person than what information is gathered through the personality test! Just my little rant on personality tests! (:

Another part that caught my eye was the little part talking about how in cartoons and different shows when a person is making a decision, there will me an angel on one shoulder and a devil on another and that the angel represents the superego, the demon the id and the person is the ego. I never really understood that they stood for those and it's really interesting to note that!

No comments:

Post a Comment