Sunday, March 6, 2011

Deja Vu and Hypnosis

I found the part in this chapter about deja vu to be very interesting. I'm one of those people who always experiences this. I will be like talking to my friend or something and all the sudden I'm like "Oh my goodness! this is totally deja vu!" It also reminded me of the movie deja vu that I had seen. I find it interesting that there's no real exact reason why we have moments of deja vu. I wish this part of the chapter was longer.

Another part that I liked was the part about hypnosis because we had one come to our school for one of the snowball or homecoming weeks recently. One of my friends got hypnotized and she was convinced that all the silly things the guy made her do were real and that she could not recall doing them. She said she was in a trance and that it worked. I on the other hand, being the skeptic I am, was completely unconvinced of this and believed that she was aware of what was going on and was just going along with it to make people laugh and to fit in. After reading the part of hypnosis I know that really people are aware of their surroundings when they undergo hypnosis. Also, it said that people undergoing hypnosis on stage "feel compelled to do outlandish things because they're under intense pressure to entertain a certain audience". This is exactly what I thought too.

No comments:

Post a Comment